Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Distance

MrCyclingLife travels for his job. In the past we couldn't imagine being apart so it has been a bit of a traumatic adjustment. Sometimes he has had to go on three trips in a row. That's the worst. Having him back for just a day can seems harder than having him gone the whole time. I hate saying goodbye again the next day. When he's been gone for a while I sort of get used to it and go into an emotional standby status. Seeing him brings all the emotion to the forefront and having to say good bye again seems too painful. He's home now though. He just got back from one of his trips and the next one will be short, so we have a little reprieve. MrCL is doing his dream job so I'm happy for him. It is just tough on the relationship. I can't imagine what it would be like if we had kids. The cats manage OK and they keep me company. But I look forward to a different time in our lives when distance isn't a common element.

No comments: