Sunday, April 1, 2007

The Wife Whisperer


I’ve figured out what our cats want, but I’m sometimes confused about what MsUrbanLotus wants. Our cats will look at me with piercing eyes and meow pitifully when they want to eat. When my male cat wants his belly stroked, he rubs up against me and then flops over, exposing his furry underside. These are obvious actions and the cat expects for me to do whatever he wants. And I usually do. I guess our cats have trained me more than I have trained them. However, with my wife, her hints are not so obvious. They are more subtle and if I’m not fully paying action to them, I completely misunderstand what she wants. Sometimes I’m not sure if she wants her belly rubbed or something completely different. Her look might be something as small as a slight inflection of her voice to something more obvious, like furrowing her brow. I’m not completely clueless. I can pick out most of her signs, but a few do elude me. One day I might break the code and completely understand, but till then I’ll continue to observe both our cats and my wife.

1 comment:

MsUrbanLotus said...

Cute... Maybe I should learn the flag code they use at sea :)